Natria 7000307 Concentrate Grass & Weed Control Best Concentrate
- This Bayer Natria Weed Killer or herbicide is derived from iron that will effectively kill Dandelions or weeds. Bayer Natria Weed Killer is so effective and it works fast with results in hours.
- Bayer Natria Weed Killer will not cause an unpleasant odor because it is a water-based formula. It is widely used to selectively kill broadleaf weeds growing in your lawns. Bayer Natria Weed Killer is a broadleaf weed killer.
- When you see the emergence of grass or Dandelions, you can apply this Bayer Natria Weed Killer or herbicide product on new lawns and works in cool weather too.
- Non-selective herbicide
Homemade All Natural Dandelion Weed Killer
Although their yellow flowers can be used to make wine and the leaves are a tasty addition to salads, few people want to encourage dandelions to grow in their garden. Unlike shallow-rooted weeds, the deep taproots of dandelions make them difficult to pull out. Store-bought herbicides do kill dandelions, but the chemicals are harmful to waterways, people, pets and wildlife. For a healthier way of ridding your yard of dandelions, concoct your own herbicide with a handful of common household ingredients.
Things To Consider When Buying Weed Killers
Before selecting any herbicide, you need to consider a few things for effective weed management.
- Usually, you need to mix water with weed killers before spraying. Check the concentration level to understand how much do you need for your lawn or garden.
- There are different types of weed killers, and you should choose carefully so that there is no harm to the grass and plants.
- Some weed killers remain in the soil for months and can adversely affect plant growth and soil productivity.
- Check the area where you will use the weed killer and its proximity to other plants, people, animals, etc.
- How fast do you want the result? Some herbicides act very fast, while some take time to show results.
Read Also: Fix Dead Lawn
How To Prevent Weeds
When it comes to tackling weeds, the best defense is a good offense. You should always take these steps to keep your grass hardy and robust, reducing the chances of weeds taking over.
- Water deeply and infrequentlyIf you want your grass to have strong, deep roots, you need to water deeply and infrequently instead of choosing shallow, daily watering. With deep, sturdy roots, your grass can grow nice and thick and compete with weeds that may try to grow.
- Mow highWeeds need sunlight to grow. If you let your grass blades grow taller by setting your lawn mower to the first or second highest setting, the grass will grow tall enough to cast shade on any weed seeds, preventing them from sprouting.
- Feed regularlyStressed lawns are more susceptible to being crowded by weeds. Feeding regularly will keep your lawn lush and make it less hospitable to enterprising weeds.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at .
Southern Ag Lawn Weed Killer Mid
If youre on a tighter budget and you want a more generic broadleaf weed killer herbicide, try this product from Southern Ag. The main ingredient in the formula is Glyphosate, and this kills the toughest weeds. You do have to be careful when you apply it around other plants as it is potent enough to damage all of them or kill them on contact. You should apply it outside when the temperatures range between 70 and 80°F for the best results. If you live in a colder climate, you might have to reapply it.
The best time to apply this dandelion killer is during the summer or spring months when the dandelions are starting to aggressively grow. After you apply it, the weeds will start to wilt and turn brown within two or three days. You can mix it at a ratio of one gallon of water with a few drops of liquid dish soap and 1.5 to 2-ounces of the concentrated weed killer. Apply it to the roots for the best results, and it has a shelf life of five years.
- Have to mix it up before use
Recommended Reading: How Much Lime To Put On Lawn
Spectracide Weed & Feed
This liquid ready-to-spray formula from Spectracide kills dandelions and all major broadleaf weeds while fertilizing your lawn with a 20-percent nitrogen solution. Plus, it delivers fast results.
Applying this product is really simple, just attach the bottle to your hose and spray. Because this product works as both a fertilizer and weed killer, you can apply it everywhere without having to worry about spot treatments.
For best results, water your lawn a few days before treating. Try to time application during a stretch of dry weather as watering within 24 hours of application should be avoided.
The bottle has a flip-top sprayer that makes it easy to start and stop as you move through your yard. Most weeds disappear within three weeks. Spectracide recommends a spot treatment for any stubborn weeds left behind.
Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer For Lawns Ready
- Wont harm the lawn
- Kills weeds to the root
- Rain-proof in 1 hour
- Kills dandelions, clover and other broadleaf weeds
- Wont harm the lawn Guaranteed
As you probably noticed in our top option from Ortho Weed, you will need to attach the chemical killer to a hose to apply it to a large area of your turf. The Ortho Weed B Gon Ready To Use can be applied to a single dandelion.
The great thing about this model is that it comes with its own small sprayer. The chemical is already pre-mixed, and it should store well for a long period of time. Simply grab the jug and start walking around your property, and spot treating different weed issues that you come across.
- Comes with its own small sprayer
- Sprayer can get clogged at times
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Johnson Grass In Lawn
How To Remove Dandelions From Your Garden
The most conventional way to get rid of dandelions is by hand. If the pulling is too difficult, you can use additional support from broadleaf herbicides.
Moreover, the dandelion removal tool is always an available and helpful tool for gardeners. There are grass killers, such as claw weeder, weed extractor, weed torch, or bend remover for optimal weed control.
Another highly effective method for dandelion removal is herbicide application. It would be best to apply herbicide on a dry and sunny day. Now, get your weed killer ready!
- Remember to wear protective gloves, goggles, and clothes during the process, as chemicals can be harmful when exposed to the skin.
- Mix the chemicals in a pump sprayer with water and additional substances printed on the instructions.
- Locate the dandelions and specifically spray the weed killer mixture onto them. Then wait for it to dry out. As the weed killers take effect, the dandelions foliages start to turn brown and gradually die.
- When they have completely withered, you can pull out all the remains and start a new plant session after three days.
Why Are Dandelions Bad
Dandelions are not necessarily bad. When a few dandelions grow in your yard, they will help loosen up the soil and allow other nutrients to enter the soil. This can actually help your turf or your garden. However, the problem with dandelions is that they spread rather quickly, resulting in you having a mess on your hands.
Therefore if you see a few dandelions make their way into your yard, it is certainly not a time to panic. However, stopping the spread before dandelion seeds start to make their way around your yard is probably a good idea.
Recommended Reading: Cost Of Tru Green
Scotts Touchup Weed Control Dandelion Killer
If you are on the market for a spot treatment method for dandelion expansion in your garden, you need to look no further than Scotts TouchUp.
This 24-ounce herbicide is dedicated to controlling dandelion, clover, and crabgrass. Besides, its also effective for some other weeds.
This solution is selective therefore, it wont harm your lawns and is used best on Bermudagrass, buffalograss, fescue, Kentucky Bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, and zoysiagrass.
Scotts TouchUp comes with a ready-to-spray design, so its user-friendly. All you need to do is turn the nozzle to open, aim to specific places, and spray.
Important Features Of The Best Dandelion Killer
Organic or Inorganic
The best spray for dandelions is usually divided into two categories: organic and inorganic models.
The organic dandelion killer is completely safe and eco-friendly for children and pets. On the other hand, it would take longer to get rid of dandelions and require a greater application compound so it might be suitable for lawns enduring a smaller growing level of dandelions.
In terms of the inorganic type, the effect is more noticeable and significant. It could take effect much quicker, and you can see the results pretty much instantly.
In return, this dandelion weed killer type can be hazardous for pets and children. It would be best to wait for the chemicals to dry or wash away before letting them go and play in the garden.
Pre-emergent or post-emergent
A pre-emergent herbicide will prevent dandelions before they develop into full-sized plants. The product would eliminate those weeds from their seeds.
You will take full prevention for your plants, limiting the dandelion growth and killing it before it causes any damage to the lawnthe best season for pre-emergent application is winter and autumn.
However, bear in mind that the product would not be effective when the plant has already been formed into shape.
It works opposite to post-emergence, which kills existing plants. It is an ideal choice for deep infestation control. However, post-emergence is unable to affect the seeds.
Also Check: How To Bid Lawn Care Jobs
Dandelion Killer Buyer Guide
After the review, you may find it necessary to check some factors that are vital to consider when choosing your weed killer. This brief buyers guide will help you decide on what to purchase according to your need. This is just a summary of what you have learned earlier in this article.
How To Apply Dandelion Killer
How you apply the dandelion killer depends on what type you are using. Here are some general guidelines to follow:
To apply granules, you have to use a spreader. There are multiple types of spreaders available, so you can use whatever one you already have or invest in one that suits you and the size of your lawn.
Look on the packaging of the dandelion killer you choose to find out what spreader settings you should use. This is important to make sure you get the right amount of coverage so that the weed killer is as effective as possible.
Most ready-to-spray weed killers come with a garden hose attachment attached. Theyre one of the easiest types of weed killers to use because all you have to do is screw your garden hose into the nozzle and turn on the hose.
Another option when it comes to a ready-to-spray formula is one that includes its own application wand. In this case, its most likely meant to be used for spot treatments and the wand allows you to focus precisely where youre spraying the chemicals.
Concentrated formulas are a little more complicated to prepare, but they are often the most economical option. You can usually find large bottles of concentrate, but you only have to use a few teaspoons at a time so a single bottle can last you quite a while.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Clovers In Your Grass
Explore Your Options: Liquid Vs Solid
There are a number of different options available when it comes to clover killers. The first is whether its a solid or a liquid. Solids require a spreader to apply, which can be a pain if thats not a piece of equipment you already have.
Within the liquid category, products can come as a ready-to-use solution or a concentrate. Concentrates require mixing before use, which adds an extra step when it comes time to apply. However, if the product is effective, a concentrate may be the best option for you.
Method of Application
The final big difference between products is the mode of application. Many come in a ready-to-spray bottle that you can attach to your hose and use immediately. Others require another sprayer to apply. Sprayers come in a variety of forms, from backpack sprayers to simple pump handle garden sprayers.
The sprayer you select depends on your budget and the amount of work youre willing to put into your lawn. One selection above has a battery-operated sprayer that comes with the bottle. While these can work well, theyre not as reliable as something you can attach to your hose or an auxiliary sprayer you can fill and go to work.
Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer For Lawns
Spray Weed Killers
If you’re looking for a weed killer that not only kills dandelion but also kills over 250 plus weeds, Ortho Weed B Gon is a good option. It’s effective on dandelions, clover, and other broadleaf weeds.
The fast action ready to spray formula dries off in an hour and kills weeds to the roots. You can safely use it on grass including St. Augustine, Bahia grass, Bermuda grass, Bluegrass, Buffalo grass, Centipedegrass, Fescue, Ryegrass, and Zoysia.
The highly potent concentrate formula is suitable for large and small size yard. When you spray it on dandelions, you can see dandelion wilting and dying in less than three hours. For other weed types, it may take 2 to 3 weeks to produce any visible results.
This is a great spot treatment option when it comes to making dandelion free yard. It comes with a battery-operated sprayer wand for easy application.
- Some weeds take two weeks to die
- Have to apply directly on roots
Also Check: How To Clean Lawn Chairs
Use Boiling Water To Kill Dandelions
It might sound too simple, but boiling water really works to eliminate dandelions.
All you have to do is boil water in a kettle and then pour the water directly onto the dandelion leaves.
You want to ensure that water also gets into the roots. After a few hours, youll be amazed to see that the dandelions leaves have turned brown, as SF Gate reports. When this happens, you can pull them out of the soil. Easy, huh?
You Might Need Both Nonselective And Selective Herbicides
Most yards have more than one type of surface. You have your lawn, but youâll also have driveways, patios, and flower beds.
- If youâre having problems with dandelions in your yard, but also on the cracks in your driveway, you should bite the bullet and buy both types of herbicide. A selective and a nonselective. They both address the specific needs of your lawn.
- You might not welcome the expense of purchasing two types, but your situation demands it. If youâve spent so much money buying a house and maintaining it, you donât want to get cheap. The solution is pretty quick and simple and results in a better appearance.
- Getting rid of the grass, dandelions, and other weeds that are poking through cracks in sidewalks and driveways will help your yard have a tidier, well-maintained look.
Recommended Reading: When To Start Watering Grass In Colorado
Best Cloverkillers Of 2021 Reviews & Top Picks
Instead of fresh green grass, your lawn is a tangle of weeds, dominated by one of the kings of all weeds: clover. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of products to choose from, each with its own claims to effectiveness for getting rid of your weedy pests. There are also a million questions that go along with your selection. Will it kill the grass as well? Is it safe for kids and pets? How often do I have to apply it? It makes it almost impossible to choose which one to buy to meet your specific needs.
Thats where we come in. Here, weve assembled a list of greatest hits for your clover killing needs, ranked from best to worst. You dont have to waste any more time wading through reviews and product specs because weve collected all the information right here. We know the clover is taking over as we speak, so lets get to the list!
Roundup For Lawns Ready To Use All
This herbicide has been formulated to be fast-acting and tough on in hard-to-kill grass weeds. Roundup For Lawns, one of the best dandelion killer herbicide on the market, is a good option if you want to deal with dandelions for good. It is useful as a post-emergence weed killer and will free your lawn of over 250 different species weeds.
Additionally, this selective herbicide is rainproof in as little as 3 hours. You do not have to worry about a light shower carrying away the treatment.
- Easy to apply thanks to its built-in extended wand
- Kills over 250 grass weeds
- Rainproof in just 3 hours
- Not suitable for Southern types of grass
READ THIS NEXT:
Also Check: Wild Violet Control In Turf